Thursday, June 18, 2009

Homework Due June 23rd and 24th

Hey Gang! This work is looking good! Keep it up!

To clarify again: do not crit anything unless I ask for it specifically. I will ask specifically for what I want you to do on each weeks blog. You only have to crit what it is that I ask for. So I am sorry for any confusion or extra work that you did. (it is good practice, and not a waste)

So, I know it feels early to get into this already but I promise, we will need the time.
If you haven't already, choose a size of your book. Clarify that size on your blog.

What I would like you to do is layout your front and back covers of your book. It is time to consider a title, font, and graphic design. You may only have a photo on the front, and no text--that is fine, but go ahead and design that layout.

Make a decision about your artist statement, and where it might go. Traditionally they go on the inside of the front cover and can also be placed on the back cover. (You do not have to have a statement in your book, but it is encouraged for most projects, but you DO have to provide a solid statement on your blog. If you have been asked to revisit your statement, now is the time.)

I realize that some of you still may not have an image for a front or back cover--in that instance just give us a sketch and label it as such. There are still many crucial decisions that you can begin to address.

To crit your peers on their book blogs underneath the post that houses these assigned layouts:
Pay special attention to the statement--feedback there is crucial.
Suggestions for stronger layouts, text and photo sizes, fonts and font colors are all expected.
Challenge yourselves and each other--be brave in your design!

3 comments:

  1. So in order to download blurb I need better mac os. i only have 10.3.9 and need 10.4.9 or higher than that. any thrifty suggestions?
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No!

    There is always the lab at school. I know it is not ideal, but it is there for you!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you who already commented on the text color on my cover please check out my blog again. I have a color change to compare please tell me what you think. -Sky

    ReplyDelete